Thursday, March 18, 2010

Just a few more days in Oxford before we go for a month to Europe

Me, Freya, and Imo



My mum READING, reading, reading



some sheep near our house, if you click on this photo to blow it up and look really close you can see some babies--black and white lambs



having fun with curlers and the camera



a bridge i saw in Bath



in Bath



the fountain inside Christ Church



my mom's pigeonhole for her mail at Christ Church


the Bodleian library & Hertford college behind


mom's feet at Christ Church


cool shoes in a cool shoe store.  i took a really funny video of the shoes in this store but we can't figure out how to post it on the blog yet.



my mom's foot & my foot on a street in Oxford


This week, after my neck got better, I got to have my mom come to my school and give a presentation for science week on the Rocky Mountains and all the animals there and what it was like to be a backcountry ranger in Glacier.  It made me miss Montana and Ladybug & it made me feel smart because I know a lot about bears and wolves and that feels cool.

Then the next day I got to go to London without my mom with my whole class to a big science museum all day.  

I only have three days left now at New Hinksey-my school here.  Today my mom is picking me up early from school and we are going to see a play by Shakespeare in the town he was born and lived--Stratford-upon-Avon.  The play is Romeo & Juliet--my mom's favorite one.  My favorite one is A Midsummer Night's Dream.  I'm excited to go see Anne Hathaway's house, Shakespeare's wife.

Last night we ate for the last time in the Harry Potter dining hall.  We will both miss that a lot.  It was really really cool to go there every night the last three months.  I have learned quite a lot about manners.  (& not all the Oxford students have them!)

Next week my mom and I are going to go visit a sheep farm that is in lambing time.  That means lambs are being born every day and they let kids pet them and help them with bottle feeding.  We are also going to go visit the 100 acre wood, the woods that the Pooh stories were invented from.  So check back for some new photos from these adventures.  And send me some emails soon telling me about your life:  naya.ladybug@yahoo.co.uk

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment