Thursday, April 8, 2010

Crepes, fondue, ballet, & breakdancing

Breakdancer on the way to the ballet in Paris tonight

My mom and I are in Paris!  We both liked the other places we've been in the last 10 days, but realized today that this is all we really wanted to do.  So it feels good to finally be in this cool, beautiful city.

Tonight we got dressed up and took the metro to the Paris opera house (Palais Garnier) to watch a ballet.  When we came out of the metro right in front of the opera house were these three guys dancing like....well like I've never seen before.  Watch the video from above that my mom took of one of them & I think you'll see what I mean (the video is sideways because my mom doesn't know how to fix that yet).

Then we had a little time before the ballet began, so we went to a cafe nearby that we had gone to two years ago--and I had chocolat fondue with fruits & cakes to dip into it & my mom had a crepe avec sucre (with sugar) and the tiniest coffee I've ever seen it made me laugh.

Here's a picture of us in our seats at the Palais Garnier:


& the view from our seats before the ballet began:



Then we took the metro home & found a crepe stand near our hotel & bought two more crepes for a late night snack....mmmmm!

More soon.  Love, Naya

No comments:

Post a Comment