Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring vacation

I'm officially on vacation with my maman!  She is trying to get me to do 2 hours of homework each day...but that sometimes involves painting on a bridge in Venice.  Here are some of my spring break photos so far.  Today we went to Eurodisney.  It's about 20 miles outside of Paris & when you see a sign for Snow White it will say instead Blanche Neige.   I went on my first upside down rollercoaster today...on accident!  The Paris version of Space Mountain is a bit more extreme than the US version...yikes!  Not going to do that again, ever.

 Now, we're lounging in our hotel watching some tv shows (they are in English, French, and German) &  I hope my mom has the energy to take me to the pool downstairs after she posts these pictures---it has a waterslide where you fly out of a dragon's mouth!  Oh, and everyone speaks French here...so after practicing German and Italian this last week on our travels now we'll be speaking French for about three weeks.  But I do still have a few British quirks according to my maman.

Gondola ride through the canals of Venice



a mask I bought made in Venice--this year we are going to skip our Annual Clue party and go instead for a masquerade ball at Halloween.


Me in a square in Venice while my mom meets with her favorite art history professor from Whitefish...they are talking about art and looking at ceilings in churches and I'm much more interested in the birds that will eat out of my hand...see below.



a sparrow who also likes a pain au chocolat (croissant with chunks of chocolate in it)



me, today, on my first ride, "It's a small world"



Me and Mickey



Below the Sleeping Beauty castle



Running through the maze of Alice's Wonderland


No comments:

Post a Comment