Friday, January 8, 2010


sorry, forgot to take a picture today, so here's one I took the other day on our 3 mile walk

My Friday:  School was a go today!  I had a great day and am becoming good friends with Freya.  I asked her if she'd go to the theatre with me tomorrow to Jack & the Beanstalk and she said yes.  I have an extra ticket to go from my Opa.  Then she ran home after school before my mom could get her number.  But she and her mom showed up at our door a few minutes later (they live one block away) & we get to take Freya with us on the bus and to the play.  Everyone is so nice here.  I miss my friends at home but I don't feel homesick.  I wish you all could just come  here.

(Note from the mum:  And afterschool while Naya was getting her things together in the cloak room, the majority of the children either tapped Naya on the back and said, "Bye, have a good weekend." or called out "Bye Naya!"  They are very very nice here, and the manners are grand even among 8 and 9 year olds.  It seems they are all friends in a large cohesive group and not nearly so into pairing off.  I'm liking it so much for Naya.  Everything about Oxford so far has been a pleasant surprise.)

No comments:

Post a Comment