Monday, January 11, 2010

My day of independence


self-portrait
(w/ added effect)

My day was like none before as I was very brave and on my own in Oxford.  I awoke to a bit of a sore throat and so we opted that I should take a day off since the kids were going to the pool for swim class and getting wet and cold seemed ill-advised.  However, my mum had some key meetings that she couldn't miss...so I had to decide to go with her or stay at home all alone.  I chose to stay home because that meant pajamas, warm blankets, and unlimited computer time.  My mum showed me how to Skype her cell phone, and off she went for an hour.  Meanwhile I played on the kids' BBC, took pictures of myself on the laptop, and called my mum two times.

By lunchtime my throat felt better, my mum was home again, and we ate lunch together.  Then she went again for an hour to an orientation to the Oxford Union Society and I got to talk to my Oma (grandma) on video Skype and I called my mum twice.  Then she was back again.  Then my mum had to go to a fancy dinner wearing a ball gown and so I went over to my friend Freya's &, lucky me, was invited to spend the night.  So there I sleep top-to-toe (as they say) in Freya's bed next to her (even though it's a school night), while my mum kicks off her heels and types about my day on this blog.

England is brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment