Monday, January 4, 2010

My first day of school at New Hinksey Primary

Out the front gate, take a left, walk two blocks, through a secret gate via St. John's church, one more block & we're there (8:45a-3p day)



a bit nervous--what if they don't like me, what if they think my accent's weird, what if I don't have any friends at recess?



Straight to work on spelling and handwriting & did I mention that now I'm a 4th grader!



& ... 6 hours later, my mom returns to see how it went...through the secret gate,



past the church,



almost there,



& here it is, with me somewhere inside getting my coat on to come home



through another little gate where all the parents are standing talking...no drive up service like Muldown...here everyone seems to be on foot and to live in the neighborhood beside the school...




&I made it!  Yay!  It was the best day at school.  I made a friend named Freya & a friend named Maple & we played ponies at break.  Their accents are so fun.  I am ahead of everyone in math and reading.  They are a little ahead of me in spelling and geography lessons.  My teacher is very nice.  I don't feel nervous to go back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment